The Clinical Affairs Manager provides clinical expertise, insight and support to clinical end-users, clinical sales specialist, sales team, marketing and other corporate departments on safe and effective use of the Interventional product portfolio with primary emphasis on the large bore closure device.
Supports the appropriate clinical application of the large bore closure device via didactic, web-based, and teleconference education, and understanding of these products and best practices. Clinical support will be provided to physicians, nurses, techs, etc. to include support for live cases/proctorships in the therapeutic areas related to focus products. Drives innovation by identifying product attributes necessary to expand into new markets, or capitalize on new clinical applications; identifies new, clinically driven product and market opportunities; and performs other related duties as required. Provide support during society engagements facilitating the exchange of scientific information in close collaboration with the Medical Director and the Clinical Medical Affairs Team.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to troubleshoot medical device applications in a cardiology clinical setting are necessary. Strong leadership and organizational skills are required with an aptitude for motivating clinicians and providing clinical support to all Teleflex employees. The capability for strategic planning to reach the company’s long-term goals is also required.
· Identify and support SBU field efforts for the large bore closure device through clinical and educational customer needs assessment, product and procedural training, live case coverage and assist with customer follow up for ongoing clinical support as needed.
· Maintain and develop expertise on the Interventional product portfolio, with particular emphasis on the large bore closure device related to specific clinical specialty area and expertise.
· Identify and expand the customer base through professional networking, consultation related to best practices and the appropriate clinical use of Teleflex products, and timely professional follow-up.
· Support national market development programs with aligned educational goals and needs of the Interventional Business Unit
· Provide direction and guidance on objectives for Medical Advisory Boards and/or focus groups as needed. Managing logistics including KOL partnerships, and post program feedback.
· Manage utilization of HCPs in accordance to Teleflex Compliance Guidelines
· Coordinate efforts between cross functional partners considering Medical Affairs, Global Research & Scientific Services, marketing, and R&D.
· Participate in educational, scientific, activities at identified local, regional, and national tradeshows/exhibitions.
· Serve as part of the CMA clinical expert team on product applications and troubleshooting when interfacing with SBU Leadership, Clinical Sales Specialists, and Teleflex team members.
· Participate as a clinical representative on project teams, committees and in meetings with various corporate departments to provide input as to the clinical perspectives for the large bore closure device.
· Build and / or support infrastructure for speaker programs supporting Teleflex Academy, webinars, training content and programs
· Participate in content development and review of education material as needed by IA BU or CMA
· Manage all business-associated administrative tasks and responsibilities to support job related activities; to include strict adherence to the Teleflex Medical T&E policies and procedures, timely filing of required and/or requested reports, and documentation of activities via approved documents and forms.
Education / Experience Requirements
· Bachelors’ Degree preferred. Acceptable credentials include RN/BSN, RCIS, RT.
· Possess minimum five years’ experience in the medical field; preferably hospital-based Cath lab, environment.
· Working knowledge of complex coronary interventions and products, excellent presentation skills in a clinical setting, strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct business in an ethical manner
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Clinical proficiency in area of clinical training and experience with at least one of the Teleflex Interventional product lines preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
· Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
· Exhibits strong time-management and organizational skills.
· Established track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Clinical proficiency in area of clinical training and experience with products in the Interventional franchise.
Teleflex is a leading global provider of specialty medical technologies for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. Our mission is to provide solutions that enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety. Headquartered in Wayne, PA, Teleflex employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and serves healthcare providers in more than 150 countries.